Same course as ECE 181. This year, CS/ECE 181 will be offered twice: in Fall 2022 and Winter 2023.
Prerequisites: Upper-division standing in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
Overview of computer vision problems and techniques for analyzing the content of images and video. Topics include image formation, alignment and warping; stereo vision; feature extraction, matching, and tracking; deep learning-based object detection, recognition, and segmentation; and case studies of practical vision systems.
After taking CS 181, students should be able to:
- explain & apply the fundamentals of image formation, alignment, and warping
- explain & apply the fundamentals of projective and epipolar geometry
- process image features using traditional & modern approaches
- summarize current approaches to object recognition, detection, and segmentation
- demonstrate expertise towards the implementation and programming practices of effective computer vision applications